View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 891 / Power: 9
Europa is a splendid one to beholdEuropa is a splendid one to beholdEuropa is a splendid one to beholdEuropa is a splendid one to beholdEuropa is a splendid one to beholdEuropa is a splendid one to beholdEuropa is a splendid one to behold
Re: France Euro 2016

Group F

Austria

Marko Arnautovic will be integral to any Austrian success

Manager: Marcel Koller

How they qualified: Won Group G after unbeaten campaign

Previous best at Euros: Group stage (2008)

Top scorer in qualifying: Marc Janko (7)

Key player: Marko Arnautovic (Stoke)

Odds of winning Euro 2016: 40/1

What they say: "We have a very good team, most of our players are playing in the German Bundesliga and even four or five now play in the Premier League. With the national side, though, in the last few years the development of the Austrian football team has been incredible." - defender, Kevin Wimmer

Did you know: Austria had the second highest points tally from the qualifying groups (28), beaten only by England's perfect 30.

Hungary

Zoltan Gera will be at Euro 2016 with Hungary

Manager: Bernd Storck

How they qualified: Beat Norway 3-1 on aggregate in play-off

Previous best at Euros: Semi-finals (1964 & 1972)

Top scorer in qualifying: Daniel Bode, Tamas Priskin and Krisztian Nemeth (2)

Key player: Tamas Priskin (Slovan Bratislava)

Odds of winning Euro 2016: 200/1

What they say: "We have a lot of players who don't play very often in their clubs. I told them to play without fear and you will have success." - manager, Bernd Storck

Did you know: Hungary picked up a whopping 38 yellow cards during their qualifying campaign - more than any other side - but never had a player sent off.

Iceland

Gylfi Sigurdsson (left) is Iceland's star player

Manager: Lars Lagerback

How they qualified: Finished second in Group A behind Czech Republic

Previous best at Euros: Have never previously qualified

Top scorer in qualifying: Gylfi Sigurdsson (6)

Key player: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea)

Odds of winning Euro 2016: 100/1

What they say: "I think it's a natural thing for us to be underdogs. If you're a country of 320,000 people you're always going to be the underdog, against the majority of teams anyway." - forward, Eidur Gudjohnsen

Did you know: Euro 2016 will be Iceland's first major tournament in their history, with their previous best being their defeat to Croatia in the 2014 World Cup play-offs.

Portugal

Can Cristiano Ronaldo fire Portugal to glory?

Manager: Fernando Santos

How they qualified: Won Group I

Previous best at Euros: Runners-up (2004)

Top scorer in qualifying: Cristiano Ronaldo (5)

Key player: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

Odds of winning Euro 2016: 20/1

What they say: "I don't believe in easy groups or difficult groups. What I believe in is work - it's by working that we get results. We have to respect all our opponents and find solutions to beat them." - manager, Fernando Santos

Did you know: Portugal have made it past the first round in all six European Championships they have featured in and are the only side in the tournament's history to have made it to a home final and lost (Euro 2004 against Greece).

Liverpool EPL fixtures 2017/18