View Single Post
Old 08-05-2024, 07:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1548 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Lets talk about retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybastard View Post
To be honest, and at least to me, that is something foreigners have to think of themselves. I mean you can't expect the Singaporean government to take care of foreigners, right? No government would. I can understand some citizens concern.

And if you study SG gov policy, going forward i don't think there is any in-between foreigners. If you look at the latest revised salary requirements for Employment Pass (EP) is $5,600 ($6200 for Financial Services) per month and increasing every year according to age. For e.g. a 35 year old foreigner not in financial sector will need to earn at least $8,400 to qualify for an EP. Which also means either they are very well paid and can afford to rent private or they apply for Work Pass and stay in dorm. Very little to no in between and that is the government intention.
work permit leh?
malaysians work here on what pass?
govt love them cause govt can collect more taxes and have cheaper labour
u know there are very limited dorms available for renting right and mostly reserved for fw only.