View Single Post
Old 09-03-2024, 08:30 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3472 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108463 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

MUNG KORN KHAO NOODLE

Address; 395 Yaowarat Rd, Khwaeng Samphanthawong, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
Operating Hour: 6.15am to 11.45pm daily, close on Monday.
Phone: +66 97 236 1368

Yaowarat (Chinatown) is full of good food and usually I don’t come here for Ba Mee. But for this post, I tried it and found it to be pretty decent too. The wanton here is very filling as compared to others and as again, the overall dish is well balanced.

If you ask, how do we know where to eat in Bangkok? Honestly, most of the time we are as clueless. Of course I do my own research, and I get recommendations. But whenever we eat in an eatery, we get recommendations from the stall owners themselves what else is good to eat in the area. That’s how we eat in Thailand. After having a delicious bowl of bird’s nest in Yaowarat, the stall owner recommended us to eat wanton mee at the junction of Yaowarat Road and Yaowa Phanit. She says,”Nothing beats this stall’s wanton mee, but very little, I need to eat at least 3 bowls.”

She is so right. This bowl of wanton mee is only about one huge tablespoon, with little crab meat, we finished like 3 bowls of it? Never mind about the portion, at least they are very friendly owners unlike SabX2 which is totally not worth the hype and too expensive (read my complaint about SabX2 here).

At Mung Korn Khao Noodle, it is her HK style thin egg noodles that won the hearts of many. She tosses the noodles in hot boiling water, put it in ice water and returns for final toss in the hot water. What you get is reall QQ baa mee. And that lonely wanton, mixture of prawns and minced pork, juicy juicy lah! It’s quite easy to find that stall because they are the one with a huge crowd and long queue.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily